Preparing for TSEM102:Popular Culture and Politics

It's been a while since I've posted, but it's been a busy summer. I've spent a lot of time preparing for my upcoming Towson Seminar -- Popular Culture and Politics: Comedy, Entertainment, Celebrity, and Democracy. I'm excited to bring my research interests into the classroom. As I discuss in a recent article in The Washington Post, academic interest in studying political comedy and Stephen Colbert in particular is growing at a rapid pace.

In preparing for the seminar, I'm revisiting some political comedy "gems" from the 2008 election. Here's my favorite piece:



Tina Fey actually offers a great summary of the clip and its significance in Bossypants.

Stay tuned for more political comedy gems as course prep continues.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jon Stewart Interview with Rolling Stone

The Daily Show, Republicans, and the War on Science

SNL, the 2012 Election, and Learning about Parody