Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Preparing for TSEM102:Popular Culture and Politics

It's been a while since I've posted, but it's been a busy summer. I've spent a lot of time preparing for my upcoming Towson Seminar -- Popular Culture and Politics: Comedy, Entertainment, Celebrity, and Democracy. I'm excited to bring my research interests into the classroom. As I discuss in a recent article in The Washington Post, academic interest in studying political comedy and Stephen Colbert in particular is growing at a rapid pace.

In preparing for the seminar, I'm revisiting some political comedy "gems" from the 2008 election. Here's my favorite piece:



Tina Fey actually offers a great summary of the clip and its significance in Bossypants.

Stay tuned for more political comedy gems as course prep continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment