Jon Stewart Interview with Rolling Stone

Jon Stewart's mug graces the cover of the latest issue of Rolling Stone. 





Highlights from the interview with Stewart are available on the Rolling Stone web site along with a fun gallery of behind the scenes photos


For those who need even more Stewart, check out this video segment with Rolling Stone Executive Editor Eric Bates:





Some highlights from the Rolling Stone interview:


Stewart says that the Daily Show has a lot in common with Fox News. "We are both reactions to the news and to government," he says. "We're both expressions of dissatisfaction.


Obama has been a disappointment to Stewart. "He ran on this idea that the system and the methodology are corrupt," he says. "It felt like the country was upset enough that he had the momentum needed to re-evaluate how business is done. Instead, when he got elected, he acted as though the system is so entrenched that it has to be managed rather than – I don't want to say decimated, because I'm not an anarchist or a nihilist.  But I'm surprised at how much he deferred to the legislative process."


And my personal favorite given my own appreciation for Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band:


Bruce Springsteen remains one of Stewart's heroes. "When I listened to his music I didn't feel like a loser," he says. "I felt like a character in an epic poem about losers…Plus, you would go see his show and he would blow your fucking mind for four hours. At a certain point, you'd want to go up onstage and be like, 'Guys! It's OK. I got my money's worth, like, two and a half hours ago. Save yourself! I don't want you to burn out,. You're giving too much! We do not deserve what you've done here tonight! A lot of us are jackasses!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Daily Show, Republicans, and the War on Science

Gay Canvassers Study May Rely on Bogus Data, but Social Contact Matters for Same-Sex Marriage Debate